Mid/Senior Data ScientistES, UK
Hybrid Theory’s continued growth has led to a need for a Mid-level or Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Team.
At Hybrid Theory we use Data Science in order to process and activate around 25 billion monthly events of web traffic data. Our Machine Learning models allow brands to better understand their audience, reach new potential customers and optimise their online campaigns.
The AdTech ecosystem is very dynamic and is currently mutating towards a privacy-first approach to advertising, which includes the planned extinction of third-party cookies. At Hybrid Theory we are early adopters and researchers of the related new technologies and stay up to date with the environment by doing a significant amount of technology forecasting. Moreover, the Data Team actively maintains and improves several Machine Learning pipelines which power our online advertising campaigns.
You will work together with the CTO and the rest of the Data Team in the areas mentioned above. You will contribute your analysis, insights and predictive models in Python and SQL. You will leverage the power of scikit-learn, tensorflow and other state-of-the-art Machine Learning libraries. We are heavy users of Amazon Web Services, and you will also interact with our datalake (AWS S3, Databricks, Delta Lake, Apache Spark) and our data warehouse (AWS Redshift).
What we need from you
- Professional experience in a data-intensive environment.
- A strong scientific background or experience with Machine Learning.
- Good knowledge of SQL (up to types of joins, indexing and basic optimisation). You would be trained on any additional use case (columnar storage, windowing, key distribution).
- Good knowledge of python and ML libraries (such as scikit-learn or tensorflow).
- Good communication skills, particularly with non-technical stakeholders.
- A basic understanding of Agile principles.
- Open to collaboration and willing to learn.
What you’ll get from us
- Being able to work with large scale datasets.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies.
- Learn from a senior Agile team.
- Grow into your responsibilities over time: become an expert.
- Working remotely and interacting with our distributed team (mainly in Barcelona and London but with offices in the US, Singapore and Australia).
- Flexible working hours, fitness fund and private health insurance.
Hybrid Theory is an established company with the feel of a start-up. We like to maintain and cultivate our company culture - flat structure, autonomy for employees, friendly and sociable team. Come and check out us!
About Hybrid Theory
At Hybrid Theory we use big-data to help companies find new customers.
We do this by harnessing technology and talent to power data-driven advertising across the customer journey, through expert operational and data management capabilities, deep customer and industry intelligence, and flawless campaign activation.
A global business with colleagues worldwide serving North America, EMEA and APAC regions. We are recognized for our capabilities through several award nominations and wins, including best Trading Team at the Drum Marketing Awards 2020. Our biggest recognition though is our 90% retention rate which has contributed to us enjoying substantial yearly growth.
with ref. Hybrid Theory - Mid/Senior Data Scientist.