Data Engineer - Barcelona, ES
Hybrid Theory’s continued growth has led to a need for a dedicated Data Engineer to join the team in our new Data Hub in Barcelona.
You will work together with the Lead Data Engineer and the rest of the Data and Engineering team to contribute in a number of new projects about to start. You will help improve the design, optimise and model. This work will deliver enormous value to our product offering and position us as best in our industry.
What we need from you
- Having worked professionally in a data-intensive, large scale ETL environment or having extensive experience as a software engineer and wanting to grow into the data space.
- Programming abilities, with an eye for testing and validation. Knowledge of either Scala or Python would be a plus, but you would be trained if you didn’t know something.
- Good knowledge of SQL (up to types of joins, indexing and basic optimisation) is a strong requirement. You would be trained on any additional use case (columnar storage, windowing, key distribution).
- A basic understanding of Agile principles (we work using a full Scrum environment).
- Open to collaboration and willing to learn.
What you’ll get from us
- Being able to work with large scale datasets.
- Getting to know a wide variety of technologies: we always try to use the best tool for the job: e.g Scala, Python and SQL, AWS S3, Databricks and Kafka.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies.
- Learn from a senior Agile team,
- Grow into your responsibilities over time: become an expert.
- Working in our Barcelona office’s data hub, and interacting with our distributed team (mainly in London but with offices in the US, Singapore and Australia).
- Flexible working hours, fitness fund, WFH days and private health insurance.
Hybrid Theory is an established company with the feel of a start-up. We like to maintain and cultivate our company culture - flat structure, autonomy for employees, friendly and sociable team. Come and check out us!
with ref. Hybrid Theory - Data Engineer - Barcelona, ES.